Welcome to the landing page for the 2022 USAB WORLD SERIES
25+ SCHEDULE HAS BEEN REVISED!! PLEASE CHECK FOR CHANGES!
35+: After 4 pool play games teams will be seeded 1-13 for single elimination play beginning on Saturday.
45+: After 4 pool play games teams will be seeded 1-7 for single elimination play beginning on Saturday.
25+: After 3 pool play games teams will be seed 1-20 for single elimination bracket play. Teams 1-12 will play in the Championship Bracket, while teams 13-20 will play in the Silver Consolation Bracket.
TIE BREAKER SYSTEM (For Playoff Seeding)
TIE GAMES IN POOL PLAY: Pool play games can end in a tie. A tie game in pool play equals 1/2 of a win and 1/2 of a loss for both teams toward their overall record and/or winning percentage. Therefore, a team that is 2-0-1 would have a winning percentage of .833 and a team that is 2-1-0 would have a winning percentage of .667. In other words, the 2-0-1 record is better than the 2-1-0 record.
When 2 teams are tied, follow the list below until the tie is broken:
-Head-to-head results (if applicable)
-Least runs allowed (average per games played)
-Lowest single game runs allowed Each subsequent lowest single game runs allowed (2nd lowest for each team, 3rd lowest, etc.)
-Highest average run differential per games played Highest single game run differential Each subsequent highest single game run differential (2nd highest for each team, 3rd highest, etc.)
If 3 (or more) teams are tied, with the same record or winning %, use the following system to break the tie:
- Head-to-head results (only applicable if all of the tied teams played each other)
- If one team beat all of the other tied teams, they will be the highest seed of the tied teams. (Even if all tied teams have not played each other)
- Continue to use head to head results to seed the rest of the teams in the tie.
- If one team has been beaten by all of the other tied teams, they will be the lowest seed of the tied teams. (Even if all tied teams have not played each other)
- If all tied teams have the same record against each other, then they are tied at head-to-head and you move to the next item on the list (least runs allowed)
- If all of the tied teams did not play each other, head-to-head is not applicable.
- Continue down the 2-Team Tie Breaker list as stated above.