2017-2018 15U AA/AAA Winter Training
This winter training is for ALL players with a keen interest in trying out for one of the following 2018 teams:
West Coast Bantam AAA (Vancouver Minor and Tri City merge)
Vancouver Minor Bantam AA
Tri City Bantam AA
West Coast Bantam AAA, Vancouver Minor Bantam AA and Tri City Bantam AA will be offering off-season (winter) training in preparation for the 2018 season. This extensive training will start on December 2nd and run for 7 weeks (3 weeks in 2017, 2 weeks off for Christmas/New Years, 4 weeks in 2018). This winter training program is highly recommended for players intending and/or interested in playing on West Coast Bantam AAA, Vancouver Minor Bantam AA or Tri City Bantam AA. That being said, this winter training is open for all players (including players outside Vancouver Minor/Tri City catchment) intending to play on a rep (AA or AAA) team in 2018, please note that these sessions are not for everyone and are intended for serious baseball players with an advanced level of talent.
The winter training will breakdown and develop the specifics of the following (but is not limited to): Strength and Conditioning, Batting, Pitching, Baserunning, Fielding, Competitive Attitude, Situational Awareness.
The 15U Bantam AAA winter training will utilize the following indoor facilities: Inside Performance (1500 Railway St., North Vancouver) and Riverside Secondary School (2215 Reeve St., Port Coquitlam)
Winter training held at Inisde Performance will be led by the 2018 West Coast Cardinals 15U AAA coaches, current and former PBL players as well as credible guest instructors. The portions held at Inside Performance will focus on Batting, Fielding and Pitching.
This year we are adding a key component to our winter training program these weekday sessions will be held at Riverside Secondary School and will be led by the 2018 West Coast Cardinals 15U AAA coaches in conjunction with the 2018 Tri City Indians 18U College Prep coaches. The portions held at Riverside Secondary will focus mainly on Strength & Conditioning, Plyometrics and Baserunning.
The coaching staff for the 2018 West Coast Cardinals 15U AAA team consists of: Manager/Head Coach - Luke Yam, Assistant Coaches - Henry Ahn, Tomio Fukumura, Atsu Inomata and Joseph O'Krafka.
For more information about our program, coaching staff and what we have to offer, please click HERE.
Check it out: "What To Expect for the 2018 15U AAA Season (including FAQs)" can be found HERE.
Stay tuned: 2018 West Coast Cardinals Information Package will be released in December.
With West Coast (Vancouver Minor and Tri City merge) declaring that the successful 2017 merged 15U Bantam AAA team will be back in 2018, we expect roster spots to be far more competitive than in previous years. Although this winter training is not mandatory, it is highly recommended that any players thinking of trying out for the 2018 West Coast Bantam AAA participate. This winter training is also open to all players interested in trying out for Vancouver Minor or Tri City's Bantam AA teams. Tryouts for the West Coast Bantam AAA Cardinals will commence in early February, again potential players are encouraged to register for winter training and do their very best to participate in all winter training sessions.
Participation in this winter training program does NOT guarantee a roster spot for the 2018 West Coast Bantam AAA team (or Vancouver Minor/Tri City Bantam AA). All players must tryout at the evaluation sessions in February. That being said, all players who decide to participate in this winter training will find it very beneficial to them moving forward.
- Saturday December 2 - 8:30-10pm @ Inside Performance
- Choice of Monday December 4th - 7-8:30pm @ Riverside Secondary OR Wednesday December 6th - 7-8:30pm @ Riverside Secondary
- Saturday December 9 - 8:30-10pm @ Inside Performance
- Choice of Monday December 11th - 7-8:30pm @ Riverside Secondary OR Wednesday December 13th - 7-8:30pm @ Riverside Secondary
- Saturday December 16 - 8:30-10pm @ Inside Performance
- Choice of Monday December 18th - 7-8:30pm @ Riverside Secondary OR Wednesday December 20th - 7-8:30pm @ Riverside Secondary
- Saturday January 6 - 8:30-10pm @ Inside Performance
- Choice of Monday January 8th - 7-8:30pm @ Riverside Secondary OR Wednesday January 10th - 7-8:30pm @ Riverside Secondary
- Saturday January 13 - 8:30-10pm @ Inside Performance
- Choice of Monday January 15th - 7-8:30pm @ Riverside Secondary OR Wednesday January 17th - 7-8:30pm @ Riverside Secondary
- Saturday January 20 - 8:30-10pm @ Inside Performance
- Choice of Monday January 22nd - 7-8:30pm @ Riverside Secondary OR Wednesday January 24th - 7-8:30pm @ Riverside Secondary
- Saturday January 27 - 8:30-10pm @ Inside Performance
- Choice of Monday January 29th - 7-8:30pm @ Riverside Secondary OR Wednesday January 31st - 7-8:30pm @ Riverside Secondary
Option A: Full Package (Winter Training at Inside Performance AND Riverside Secondary) - $250 per player
Option B: No Weekday Sessions (Winter Training at Inside Performance ONLY) - $200 per player
The costs per player covers facility costs, equipment, administration, coaches, and guest instructors.
Please have payment (cash or cheque made out to 'Luke Yam') ready at first session.
Register by sending Luke Yam an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide player's name (first and last), date of birth and team intending to try out for next season.
If possible, please also indicate which "option" you are interested in.
NOTE: Registration is first come, first serve and there will be a cap limit.
UPDATE (NOV 27): We are now at full capacity, to be put on "wait-list" please contact us
Any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Manager - West Coast Cardinals 15U AAA