Final Record of 26 wins and 7 losses.
- Playoffs are in full swing and the Thunder get off to a good start beating Lonsdale 12-2 in the first round match up.
- Second round provided an action packed game with Chaska. Unfortunately Chaska beat the Thunder with a bottom of the 9th, four run rally.
- The Thunder meet Burnsville in the losers bracket and are still heart broken about the loss to Chaska. Bursville ends the Thunder's season and playoff hopes.
- The first game of the double-header was all Thunder with a 12-0 victory
- The second game was back and forth with several innings of more than 3 runs. The Thunder won in 8 innings 12-11.
- League record is now 14-0 and overall record is 25-5.
- Marks the end of League play with playoffs just around the corner.
Gopher Classic Championship Round-
- The Thunder faced Kenosha, WI in a game that was dominated from start to finish.
- Pitching by committee was the story of the day and the staff held WI to only 3 runs in a 10-1 win.
- Now with one game to go before reaching the Championship game in the Metrodome, the Thunder faced a Napoleon, OH team that had just beaten Apple Valley Legion 11-1.
- The game was back and forth exchanging leads four times in an epic battle of small ball vs. the long ball.
- With two outs in the bottom of the 7th and a Thunder one run lead, Napoleon ended the game in story book fashion with a two run, walk-off home run.
- Although dissappointed, the Thunder take pride in being a top 4 team in a 48 team tournament that is the largest American Legion Baseball Tournament in the United States. Finishing the Gopher Classic with a 5 and 2 record, the Thunder now have an overall record of 23 wins and 5 losses.
- NOTE: Napleon, OH went on to beat Elk Grove, IL in the championship game by the score of 8 to 3.
Gopher Classic Pool Play-
- The Thunder started to play great baseball against some great teams at the Eden Prairie site.
- With very impressive wins over Columbia, TN and a solid Fargo, ND team the Thunder put their fate in their own hands.
- Joey Voss pitched a gem in a 3-1 victory over the #1 ranked Eden Prairie Eagles. This was the first time the two teams met since the state championship game last year when the Thunder won 16 to 6 in route to a State Championship in their second year of existence.
- Despite a loss to Centenial a 4-1 record in pool play gave the Thunder the site championship.
- The Thunder took care of business with two wins over a Faribault team that showed a lack of interest.
- Jumping out to early leads gave the Thunder a chance to coast to a 12-0 League record and 18-3 overall.
New Ulm Tournament Championship Round-
- A busy stretch of games took its toll on the boys.
- Thunder came to the park drained and sluggish
- Despite not playing up to our abilities, two more League wins brings the Thunder's record to 10-0 in league play and 16-3 overall.
New Ulm Tournament Pool Play-
- Big win over the home team New Ulm Gold in front of a large crowd on a beautiful day to play baseball.
- Championship game loss to Creighton, NE was disappointing but watching a team behave poorly and disrespect the game was even more frustrating.
- Shame on the Creighton coaches, players and fans for inexcusable behavior.
- Thunder made leaps and bounds as a team this weekend and improve our season overall record to 14-3.
- Struggled at the plate, but still were able to manufacture runs to post close wins over Sleepy Eye and Creighton, NE and a convincing win over Duluth
- A loss to Burnsville resulted in a 3 way tie.
- Least runs allowed was the tie breaker and the Thunder earns the #1 seed from our pool.
- A great day to play baseball in front of a home crowd!
- Game one was done in less than an hour and a half.
- Game two started with a 7 run first inning for the Thunder.
- Everyone got an at bat and/or played in the field.
- Two wins gives the Thunder an 8-0 record in League play.
- Locating Red Wing Athletic Field proved to be a difficult task
- Game one was close early due to a Red Wing home run in the bottom of the first.
- The Thunder scored 5 in the 4th inning and took control of the game.
- Thunder pitchers in game two combined for a no hitter!
- Record of 6-0 in League games and 8-1 overall.
- Umpires were 30 minutes late foreshadowing what kind of night it would be.
- Thunder hit the ball extremely well with multiple extra base hits.
- Again, pitching was lights out.
- Poor behavior by both teams made the two convincing wins not enjoyable.
- Record of 4-0 in League games
- Got off to a fast start scoring several in the first two innings of game one.
- Pitching shut down the opposing hitters from beginning to end.
- Two solid League game wins for the Thunder!
- Rain, rain go away!
- Slow start to the season, but starting to pick up.
- College World Series Game (UNC vs ASU)
- Matt Larson won the rookie vocal contest.
- Record in Omaha: 2 wins and 1 loss