Bill Wood Field in North Platte, Nebraska was built in late 1956 and has played home to a Cleveland Indians farm team, several semi-pro teams and currently Post 163 American Legion Baseball. Bill Wood Field has undergone or is currently undergoing several renovations. The dugouts have been enlarge and drinking fountains installed.
Two concrete pads have been place on the west end and east end of the bleachers making nice picnic areas on either side of the ball park. These areas were constructed with the financial assistance and labor of Bob Kosmacek of Kos Construction, Jackson Concrete and Paulson Inc.
A new concrete bunker is constructed with the Assistance of Paulson Inc. which will be used to store dry infield material.Currently new center grandstands are being erected to take the place of the aging bleachers in this area.
The new center grandstand was completed in the spring of 2011 and was a great addition to this grand old ball park.
The infield at Bill Wood Field received a facelift as G & S Sports Solutions of Colorado removed old clay material, laser leveled the skinned portion of the infield and replaced the old material with Stablizer Gold Infield Mix. The field should be completed the week of April 22nd with the placing of new sod around the outside of the skinned infield.