The North Platte Legion Baseball Board of Directors at the Beginning of September and a decision was made to put together a 5 year plan for Bill Wood Field Renovations. Part of this plan would to be to seek grants to assist with the payment these renovations. Legion Baseball Board of Directs Vice President Pete Volz has agreed to complete the first grant application. This grant application was completed and submitted on September 30th, 2011. The following items were submitted in the grant application as projects that are to be completed as funds become available during the next five years.
1. Center Grandstand Roof (Approximately $60,000)
2. Replace the wood planking on bleacher wings with aluminum planking ($20,000)
3. Grading of Infield and replacing infield dirt with product which will help with drainage. Replace between bleachers and playing field with new chain link fencing. Purchase new tarp for Field. ($28,000)
4. Place permenant covers over cement patios ($26,000)
5. Indoor hitting/practice area which would also replace exisiting locker rooms, equipment room and public bathrooms. (Awaiting estimates)